CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weirdness

Originally posted 11/04/06
This week was weird. It was the first anniversary of my brother's death (which really stinks, in case you're wondering). Our dear neighbor, Betty Trussell, died this week, forcing my kids to deal with death-again. Hannah said in her prayers tonight, "Please God, I hope I don't have to wear my funeral dress ever again." Death pretty much stinks from every angle. On the other hand, it makes me thankful that God has provided a way to conquer death. In Heaven, no one dies! Praise God! That may be the best thing about Heaven, right?
I just got back today from a ladies retreat that was AWESOME! I talked to some older ladies that are way, way smarter than I am. I needed that. It was good to go out in God's creation and soak up the beauty and get some renewal.
After the funeral, we took a nap, and my precious boys decided to create a monstrosity in their room. I was told there were Cheerios and chocolate syrup involved, but I was afraid to look. Brandon, being the manly man he is, took charge so I wouldn't have to kill anyone.
I've had better weeks, but I've had worse ones too. I guess that means it all comes out even in the end.
"For all things work together for good, for those who love God, for those who are called according to His purpose. " Romans 8:28

0 comments: