CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Journey Chronicles: Day Seven, Home

Originally Posted 2/8/08

After our stay in the tween declared sub-standard LaQuinta, we were homeward bound. As much as I love visiting, there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed. A bed that is much yummier these days, thanks to the memory foam mattress pad that Brandon & I bought each other for our anniversary. Yes, I realize that is an old person anniversary present, but I don't really care because that thing is plush!
Everyone was worn pretty thin at this point, and there was a lot of fighting in the ranks. Fortunately, everyone was also exhausted, so there was also a lot of sleeping.
Thanks to John (my Mom's boyfriend, although they haven't officially dated in over 10 years), we were treated to renditions of the slurpee and guacamole songs all the way to Texas. He specifically teaches things to my children that they will repeat over and over on long drives.
John is a very strange man who I like very much, even if he is a Democrat. However, if he votes for Hillary, I will personally drive to Kansas just to barf on his shoes.
After 24 hours of total driving time, and well over 1,000 miles, we were finally home. I am so grateful for my van! It never stopped to take a break on the highway, and no parts fell off! Praise the Lord!
I wonder if I'll ever get it clean again? :(

0 comments: