CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Journey Chronicles: Day Five, Potential

Originally Posted 2/3/08

Next we traveled southwest to my Mom's house. Just like I have two Dads, I also have two Moms. Mama, the one who raised me, lives in Heaven. Mom, my birth mother, lives in Kansas.
Usually, I feel uncomfortable in other people's homes. I don't feel that way at Mom's house. I think this is because there is no one else I have ever met that is more like me (personality, interests, etc.). Our voices are nearly identical. I guess there is something to genetics after all.
Another reason I feel comfortable there is that she has a house full of critters! She is a foster parent with the Humane Society, so there are always furry creatures to make friends with.
My Mom has the unique gift of seeing potential-whether it be a shelter animal, the house next door, or a tiny baby that needed a chance at a better life. She has the eye of an artist-to see what something could be, instead of what it is. This type of gift is obviously God-given, because God is an artist, and He sees us through those eyes. He sees us as the person He designed for us to be-what we could be in fulfilling His purpose for our lives.
Praise God for eyes that see potential.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.-2 Corinthians 4:18

0 comments: