CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

How To Change The World 101

Originally Posted 1/27/08

It all started with a lady named Edna Reed. She promised God that if He would get her family out of a bad situation, she would always serve Him faithfully. He answered her prayer, and here's how it went down-she taught her family (including her husband) about God. One of her daughters is Lee, who taught & married Bill. Bill taught his whole family & became a preacher. He has taught thousands. He taught a man named Richard, who also became a preacher. Bill & Lee's 2 sons grew up to be preachers, and they are teaching even more people. They have children who will grow up to have faithful families as well.
During my teenage years, Bill & Lee adopted me (or I adopted them-not sure). They faithfully took me to every church service and every church activity. Their home was always open to me, they were constantly teaching me and I learned so much from their example. Because of that example, my children love Jesus. They will likely grow up to have faithful families of their own.
When you think about it, it's not so hard to believe that Jesus & his 12 disciples could turn the world upside down. Granny & Papa Reed, Uncle Bill, Aunt Lee, Danny & David made a great investment in my life. The best I can do to repay them is through faithful service of my own. I am eternally grateful.

0 comments: