CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Real Winners

Originally Posted 8/16/08

We had a hard time getting home from Bible study Wednesday night.
Usually, when we can get the kids gathered together at the same time, we tell them it's time to go. Then the boys race to the car. This time, things were different.
Because they are racing and I'm not, I reach the door several minutes after they do. I walked out the door expecting to see them waiting for me at the van. They weren't there. They were standing at various distances from the van. Just standing there in the parking lot.
I was at the same time confused and intrigued. I said to them, "What are you doing? Let's go!" Samuel said to me, "But Mom! He who is first shall be last, and he who is last shall be first!"
Obviously, I couldn't argue with this. He had the Biblical advantage on me. So, I decided to be first (or last), so we could get in the van and go home.
"For the last shall be first, and the first last; for many called, but few are chosen." Matthew 20:16

0 comments: