CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

One More Lesson

Originally Posted 2/7/08

Today I went to the funeral of a man whom I consider a father. (In case you're counting, that's three Dads for me now. Hey, everybody's gotta have a hobby.) It was difficult, of course, but I felt........proud. Proud to have been associated with such a wonderful man, and to have been able to learn from him. In some small way, I felt that I was representing him and his work. I wanted him to be pleased with me.
Here's the thing-what if I acted that way all the time? What if we all did? What if Christians realized that we are all sons & daughters of the King, and behaved accordingly? We represent our Father to the world, and we want him to be pleased with us. That should impact what we think, what we say, and what we do. What do you think?
"Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs of Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory." Romans 8:17

0 comments: