CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Journey Chronicles: Day Three, Daddy's Girl

Originally Posted 1/29/08

We headed to Kansas later than we had planned. First, because of the ice, and secondly, because I had a hard time leaving Aunt Lee. I really thought that I knew every route between Oklahoma & Kansas, but I was wrong. We ended up taking a wrong turn & had to find our way back on course. It's a shame it was dark, because it's really pretty country through there.
We had a good visit at Daddy's house. We've been through a lot together, my Dad & I. Of our original family unit, we're the only ones left. We've grown closer because of it.
Daddy comes from a musical family, which was a real treat for me growing up. He would play guitar and we would sing. He's an old school Opry/pure country/bluegrass kind of a guy, so that music is like comfort food for me. I got to watch him give my kids their first guitar lesson while we were there, and that was pretty awesome.
We also got to spend the night in his RV, which the kids absolutely loved. It's quite a step up from the tents we usually take camping at the lake. It even has satellite! The kids actually wanted to go to bed at their bedtime. We really liked the RV, but he wasn't anxious to let us take it with us when we left.
I enjoy being around my Dad. I plan to publish a family-friendly version of a Daddy dictionary when I have time. He has some pretty interesting vocabulary. Unfortunately, we had to go farther north, and the weatherman was predicting snow & ice. We packed up & headed north.

0 comments: