CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Videos Du Jour

Originally Posted 5/25/07
Welcome to my latest attempt to utilize technology to annoy the general public-my video commentary!
I am featuring three videos this week. I chose them because I love songs that tell stories and these three have a particular emotional quality that I like.
The first one is "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" by Nirvana. I have loved this performance since I saw it live on MTV (1990 something?) The song is simple & powerful, and watch Kurt Cobain at the end of the song. There is a moment where he looks up at the audience-I have never seen such raw emotion in a singer's eyes before. It's amazing.
#2 is "November Rain" by Guns & Roses. Such a sad story, and I love the arrangement. The orchestra (especially the strings) add so much to the performance, and who can't rock to that Slash guitar solo? Awesome!
The third one is "Hurt" by Johnny Cash. It's so ironic that this would be his last video. I know it's orginally a Nine Inch Nails song, but the video transformed it into a biography of Johnny Cash. His portrayal was so genuine, it almost makes you feel that he knows his life is over. The way he closes the piano at the end of the video just gives you chills.
Feel free to comment on my commentary-but be kind. You never know what might push me over the edge. :)

0 comments: