CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Car Girl, Her Daddy & The Floating Honey

Originally Posted 6/16/07
I'm a car girl. I love racing & car shows. I love the sound of a well tuned engine. I know what a lot of the parts are & what they do. I have changed a tire, changed my oil & can drive a stick. I notice vibrations, noises and all sorts of things in my car, and sometimes, I can diagnose the problem.
All this is from hanging out with my Daddy in the garage. He was always working on something, and I soaked up everything he said. Sometimes, if the vehicle didn't cooperate, I could add some interesting new words to my vocabulary. (I don't say those words anymore.)
This brings me to my next subject-my husband. He has been home for three weeks for a work injury. He has been chomping at the bit to go get his car since he got off crutches. I was taking the practical approach. Here's how the conversation goes:
Him-"We need to go get my car." Me-"You can't drive right now, so we might as well leave it there." Him-"We need to go get my car."
We went to Ft. Worth to get the car tonight, and he was like a kid in a candy store. He took off, and I tried to keep up with him for a while. I finally gave up, due to the sharp curves coming out of the railroad yard. Surprisingly, a minivan doesn't handle quite as well as a Mustang.
The Mustang handles like it's on rails. The van is more......utilitarian. Anyway, it looked like it was floating on those curves. I don't know if it was the car or the driver, but man, it was pretty to watch.
All this made me think. Can you tell someone's mood by the way they drive? If so, are people thinking I'm.........utilitarian? Or what? Tell me what you think.

0 comments: