CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fa la la la la la la la la. La. La. La.

Let me just start by saying that I love, love, love my favorite radio station, KLTY. And I love Christmas music as much as the next person. However, beginning the day after Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas (except for Sunday morning), KLTY ONLY plays Christmas music. And they have "preview weekends" before Thanksgiving.
Here's the problem: every recording artist seems to think they need to release a Christmas album. Result: approximately 256 million versions of the same 20 songs. So, being bored with the whole situation, I've decided to present you with the 1st Annual Christmas Song Egg Nog Awards. Why Egg Nog? I just like saying nog.
Here we go:
Best Version of "White Christmas": Bing Crosby (no brainer)
Best Version of "O Holy Night": Celine Dion
Best Version of "Ave Maria": Jaci Velasquez
Best Version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town": Gene Autry
Best Version of "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas": The Carpenters
Best Version of "Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful)": Luciano Pavarotti
Best Version of "The Christmas Song": (tie) Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole
Best Version of "I'll Be Home for Christmas": (tie) Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra
Best Version of "Blue Christmas": Elvis Presley
Best Version of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree": Brenda Lee
Song mostly likely to make a good voice sound slammin': (tie) "O Holy Night", "What Child Is This"
Best Lyrics: "Sweet Little Jesus Boy"
Song most likely to make you cry like a baby: "Christmas Shoes"
Dumbest Lyric: (tie) "With a tail as big as a kite"-Do You Hear What I Hear? (They were really struggling to find a rhyme there.), "There'll be scary ghost stories"-It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Do people really tell ghost stories on Christmas?)
Song Least Likely To Make You Think of Jesus at Christmas Time: "O Christmas Tree"
Song Most Likely To Make You Think of Jesus at Christmas Time: "Mary Did You Know?"
Best Song for a Choir: "Carol of the Bells"
Song Most Likely to Make You Spit On Your Neighbor: "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth"
Best Song for Testing Lung Capacity: "Angels We Have Heard On High"
Most Depressing Christmas Song: "Please Come Home for Christmas" (Lyric-"I have no friends". How sad is that?)
Song Most Likely To Make You Get Up & Dance: "Linus & Lucy"
So, what do you think? Add to my list and comment. Feel free to disagree with me. You'll be wrong of course, but knock yourselves out. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O Holy Night - Andy Williams
Ave Maria - Perry Como

Anonymous said...

O Holy Night - Andy Williams
Ave Maria - Perry Como

Agape1229 said...

Hmmm....I shall research this new information. But I'm not making any promises.